We’re about to celebrate our first birthday here at the Bantry Driving Academy, and we’re inviting West Cork national school pupils, from 5th and 6th classes, to take part in a ‘Road Safety’ poster competition to win a fantastic day out with us on our birthday, on Friday, 3rd February.
The poster for the BDA can be on any aspect of road safety. It could promote the safety of people walking or cycling on the roads, the dangers of speeding, the importance of wearing high-visibility clothing in this cold, dark weather, or any other aspect of road safety that you think is important.
Each poster will need to be marked on the back with the artist’s name, class and school name, and it should be posted so that it reaches us by Friday, 20th January. We’ll pick the winning entry, and get in touch to arrange your fantastic day out.
It’s time to get drawing!
Prize: The prize is a 3-hour school tour training session at the Bantry Driving Academy. It will be available to pupils from the winner’s class on our birthday, February 3rd, 2012 (subject to the conditions outlined below). Pupils from the winning class will get to test their skills on the driving simulators in our Simulation Zone, and there’ll be chances for them to drive on our practice track in a dual control car too. Pupils will also learn about how cars work in our Maintenance Centre, and they’ll master some brilliant cycling safety skills on our purpose-built practice track.
The winning school will be notified on, or before, 24th January, 2012.
Rules and conditions:
1) The closing date for the competition is Friday, 20th January, 2012.
2) The competition is open to children enrolled in 5th class, or 6th class, in West Cork national schools.
3) The winner will be invited to bring along children from their class (either fifth or sixth class). We will be able to cater for a maximum of 30 pupils. If the class numbers in the winning school allow both fifth and sixth class to attend, without exceeding this maximum number, both classes will be invited along.
4) Schools involved must be willing to allow children from 5th or 6th class to come to us for the school trip on February 3rd, 2012. The prize is not transferable to another date.
5) All posters must be clearly marked with the name, class and school of the entrant.
6) The school involved must consent to the winning poster, and photos taken during the event, being used for publicity purposes on our Facebook page, website and in the local press.
7) While high levels of supervision will be provided at all times, a teacher, or another responsible adult, from the winning school will be required to be present for the duration of the event.
8) Children should bring a packed lunch with them.
9) The Bantry Driving Academy is fully insured to provide cover for school day trips while pupils are on our premises, however, it is the school’s responsibility to check that pupils’ involvement is in line with its own insurance policies, and to secure parental permission for this trip.
10) The day will include the opportunity for some of the older pupils to drive in the Academy’s dual control car on our practice track. Decisions about which pupils can use the dual-control car safely will be made at the discretion of the BDA staff.